Class “A” PGA Professional, Casey Childs is the instructor for this fun and popular program coordinated by four time NENYPGA Teacher of the year Herb Moreland. Resident and non-resident junior golfers ages 7 to 17 years may attend. Our Tuesday through Friday* program from 9:30 am -11:30 am is for beginners as well as those who are looking to improve their skills. Components of this course will focus on golf swing development, including grip, posture, alignment, along with in-swing techniques and fundamentals matched to each individual golfer. Short game development includes putting, chipping, and pitching with special emphasis on posture, alignment, and stroke. Additional instruction will include rules, safety, and etiquette. If you plan to attend this program, please sign up as soon as possible as all slots fill up quickly.
* NOTE: Program 1 (July 1-5) has been cancelled due to low participation. The remaining programs are still scheduled.
- The driving range, short game area, and practice greens will be utilized.
- Participants should bring their own golf clubs.
- If players do not have their own clubs, they will be supplied.
- Players should dress comfortably for two hours of outdoor activities.
- Please wear sneakers or golf shoes.
- Bring a drink, towel, and hat.
- Program participants should arrive at the Pro Shop no earlier than 9:15AM
- There will be no bus transportation for this program
- Registration and payment is due in advance
- Call the pro shop, 518-456-0786, for more information.
To register, scroll to the registration section below where you will:
- Enter your Parent/Guardian information and select how many junior golfers that you would like to register (up to four)
- For each junior golfer that you are registering, enter their information and check off each program that you would like them to attend
- Click the “Check out using PayPal” button
(Note: A PayPal account is NOT required though it is recommended)
- After you process your payment through PayPal, you will be redirected back to the Western Turnpike web site.
The cost for each Tuesday through Friday program is $99 per golfer.